A pitch competition to make your short film!
The Annapolis Film Festival is proud to announce its inaugural Shorts Challenge – a pitch competition! This year’s topic is women/girls issues at home & around the globe. Please submit a synopsis of your short film concept that meets this theme. No more than one page is advised. Both narrative and documentary concepts are accepted. In addition, please send a photo deck of prospective film subjects and/or a written description of the main ones. Video clips allowed, but not required. Please send a personal bio/resume as well as a short preliminary budget. Please email all of this to email@example.com by February 16, 2018 with the subject line AFF Shorts Challenge.
· All proposals will be reviewed by a selected group of industry professionals. Five film projects will be chosen for a live pitch session during the Annapolis Film Festival, March 22 – March 25, 2018, to be held in front of a festival audience. Filmmakers will have five to seven minutes to pitch their stories and show short clips (if available, not mandatory) of their concept to three industry judges on the stage who will critique the pitches in front of the audience.
· After all the pitches are completed, the audience will vote via cell phones/text to vote. The combined vote of the judges, curators, and audience will determine the award-winner, which will be announced at the Saturday Bash and again at the Best of Fest on Sunday.
1) Sound design, mix and music composition from Baltimore’s Studio Unknown
2) A lighting package from Serious Grip and Electric (near Baltimore)
3) A camera and sound rental package from LensProToGo.com (can be shipped for 4 days 3 times or 12 shoot days total to anywhere in the U.S.)
4) Post-production package (near D.C.)
This is valued at approximately $30k in goods and services
· The short film will premiere at the Annapolis Film Festival, 2019. However, we will review the film as it is being made and it will have to meet our usual standards for final acceptance.
· If the film should be invited to screen at another festival first, the filmmaker would need to get permission from the Annapolis Film Festival. We will determine, on a case-by-case basis, if the film can screen at another festival first.
· The five finalists will be given one round-trip ticket to the festival, one hotel room for up to four nights, 2 All-Access passes and a chance to win the video, sound and post package.
Submission deadline – Feb. 16, 2018
Notification date – Feb. 25, 2018